Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Skates and Candy Canes

I thought I had ALL of my Christmas decorating done (except the tree which we cut on our ranch a few days before Christmas) but when my dear friend Rhonda posted a picture of an ice skate with stuffed candy canes, I just had to add the decor to my house. I was raised on the Wyoming/Colorado border, so I still had my skates that I had as a  girl. I think I got them from Santa when I was about 8 - they were too big, but with extra socks I was so happy!! I wore them for several years and we would skate up and down our creek for a couple of miles!! Oh the memories. Though the sled was not ours we had one just like it as kids. We very, very, very, very seldom get to sled in Texas, but the sled stays by our wood burning heater year round!! Nostalgia and Memories!!!




Blessed Merry Christmas to All

4 comments:

Rhonda M said...

I love yours! I am going to be on the lookout at yard sales and the peddler's mall for a vintage sled. My yard sale skate hanging on the door knob just does not have the same appeal as your display.

Mandie McIlroy said...

that is the cutest idea... i love it!

Cathy said...

I love it. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas and prosperous New Year.

Hugs

Janet O. said...

Very cool Christmas display, Doniene, and probably not one commonly found in Texas. : )
I loved Rhonda's idea, too, but don't have anywhere left to hang a skate. Your placement is perfect!