Monday, October 31, 2011

Fallen Soldier Project Stars and Civil War Remembrance Blocks

Good Monday morning!!! A beautiful fall morning, I've had my coffee and I'm fixin' to go feed horses and work dogs.

Over the weekend I finished two projects: R,W, & B blocks for John'aLee and the Fallen Soldier Project she is doing. She has extended the deadline until November 30, so if you have a minute, you could sew up a couple and send them her way.



Also, I MET MY GOAL OF CATCHING UP ON THE CIVIL WAR REMEMBRANCE BLOCKS BY NOVEMBER 1 !!!!!! I stitched the last appliqued star on the seven sisters block Saturday night while I watched a movie with Mike!! I am really enjoying this sew along and loving the diversity of the blocks. My plan is to quilt this one after April 2012 (son's wedding) and have it ready for our bed for next fall!!



Happy Fall Ya'll

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to say hello. I just found your blog and enjoy it. I found that we have some things in common. Have a nice day :)

Janet O. said...

Doniene, your Star blocks look wonderful!!. And good job on your CW blocks. I would have skipped the applique stars, myself. Just not comfortable with that technique. You did well!

Maureen said...

Great job! Your star blocks look wonderful too. So glad John'aLee is getting some beautiful blocks for those quilts.