Friday, April 20, 2012

Barrister's Block Sow-A-Long

Like Janet O., I'm caught up!!! Took a little time this morning - away from TWQ - and stitched up the latest blocks from Randy's SAL. At times this is a little challenging, because I usually use solids very sparingly (unless it is a two tone quilt - and then I like using white and one other solid) - I love mixing prints. But I'm pleased with the overall look of what I accomplished in these last 8 blocks.



I'm so glad that Randy includes lots of star blocks (in case you didn't know - stars are my FAVORITES!!!!) LOL!!!

I really like the color scheme I put together for the Sawtooth Star - so much in fact that it has inspired my next small quilt - of course put on hold - but one I plan to make for Valentine Decor. I'm going to call it Chocolate Covered Cherries!!! Appropriate don't you think!!



Hope ya'll have a very Blessed Weekend!! I'll draw a winner tomorrow morning for the Fabric Freebie!

Until then!!

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

But I'm not caught up, Doniene! I was until Randy posted this last group (which meant I was only caught up for a few hours). You are on the ball. I love how this is looking in solids. Honestly, I haven't often used solids, other than borders and sashings, but I am really liking this look! Chocolate covered cherries sounds like fun!

Starwood Quilter said...

I love the blocks you've made so far. I don't use solids that much, but I really like how your quilt blocks look in all solid fabrics.

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Being caught up is highly overrated! :) Your blocks look great in solids. I would have to do some shopping to make a quilt with solids, but I really like the way your blocks look. You are making great progress!

Maureen said...

Oh, yes! Those solids would be great in a mini. These blocks are coming along fabulously!