Thursday, September 11, 2014

Quilter's Book Club Flimsy

Last year I participated in Starwood Quilter's on-line Book Club. Those that participated, read the selected book, participated in an on-line discussion, and could choose to make a quilt block. I chose to do my blocks as redwork patterns and I FINALLY finished the last one a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure when it will get quilted, there are several other flimsys I would like to quilt first. The red work patterns were of my our research/design (mostly from Google Images) and the fabrics were gifted to me. I thought it will make a great summer/sit under the tree and read a good book quilt!



Book/Block 1: "The Persian Pickle Club" by Sandra Dallas



Book/Block 2: "A Single Thread" by Marie Bostwick



Book/Block 3: "The Quilter's Apprentice" by Jennifer Chiaverini



Book/Block 4: "Alice's Tulips" by Sandra Dallas



Book/Block 5: "The Lover's Knot" by Clare O'Donohue



Book/Block 6: "Wedding Ring" by Emilie Richards



Book/Block 7: "Between Heaven and Texas" by Marie Bostwick



Book/Block 8: "The Goodbye Quilt" by Susan Wiggs



Book/Block 9: "State Fair: A Benni Harper Mystery" by Earlene Fowler



Book/Block 10: "The Christmas Quilt: An Elm Creek Novel" by Jennifer Chiaverini



Book/Block 11: "The Healing Quilt" by Lauraine Snelling



Book/Block 12: "Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker" by Jennifer Chiaverini



Center Block



And that's a wrap!




9 comments:

Maureen said...

Wow! You read a lot of quilt themed books last year. Do you have a favorite? Your quilt very nicely shows off each block. Well done!

Janet O. said...

Very clever blocks, Doniene! You did a great job! I think I'd be lucky to get a book read, let alone make a block to go with it. : )

Aimee said...

Love it Doniene :)
My favorite blocks are #'s 1, 4, 5 and 12.
Lovely job!

Impera Magna said...

What a lovely quilt top and what beautiful red work embroidery! Great job! Congrats....


Vickie said...

What a pretty quilt top to remember good books. The gingham and roses set the red work off beautifully. Plus the red work stitches look perfect.

Julie Fukuda said...

Oh Doniene, those are just wonderful! I love your blocks and the way they went together. I have made 17 twelve inch blocks and am still puzzling how to assemble them. Your quilt gives me an idea and I am inspired to get going again.

Raewyn said...

Wonderful! Such a great idea and a very pretty quilt. I"ve not read all of those books, do you recommend them all? Congratulations on another (almost) finish!

Carrie P. said...

Love it. The fair block is my favorite.

Ruth said...

Great quilt and great books! I haven't read all of them but probably about half. The quilt is extra special because of each block for the books read. What a great idea!