Like many of you, I too sat down at the end of the year and made a "plan" for my quilting goals for the year. I really wanted to finish up several (okay about 20) UFOs that are in varying stages of progress. Much to my delight Irene over at Hilachas had posted about a linky party just for that plan!! So I'm joining in!!
I made an overall general list and then I made a list for just January. I broke my list into 4 categories:
1. Hand Quilting
2. Machine Piecing/Quilting
3. Leader/Ender Project
4. "TV" Project - Hand Piecing and/or other hand work.
So for January, my projects are:
1. For my hand quilting I'm working on TWQ (for any new visitors that stands for The Wedding Quilt - a queen size bed quilt for my son and dil). It is still incognito, as it is a surprise - so sorry no photo. My goal this month is to make a major dent in hopes that I will complete it next month.
2. Chocolate Covered Cherries:
This is a "new" UFO as I started it right after Christmas - but want to finish!! It is a lap quilt for myself!! You know me and stars!! The fabric is all from scraps from other projects or from my stash. In fact the background fabric is from 1984!!! My plan is to have it pieced, machine quilted and bound by February 1st.
3. Christmas FG are my Leader/Ender project - I've made quite a few units while piecing CCC stars (above) so only have about 100 to go! Hope to finish them this month.
4. "TV" project is Rocky Mountain Bride Blocks. I have 3 completes with six more to go. My plan to to piece three blocks this month.
I'm linking up with Carrie P. over at "A Passion for Applique" (button on side bar) where she is hosting "Nothing but UFOs in 2013".
Sounds like a plan!!