Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day Tribute

This day we honor our fathers - really we should honor them each and every day - it should be a life style, second nature, just the way we think. I learned those things from my dad. He has been gone 20 years, but he planted many wonderful gifts in my heart!


This picture was taken just a couple of years before he passed, but it is so him - horseback, cowboy hat, down vest and wool plaid shirt! I've put this shirt in a quilt.



The other man who is special to me is my children's father! He has planted many special gifts in his children's hearts!



And he has a generous and kind heart for many people!

I'm very thankful for the special men in my life!

I hope you have had a blessed day with the special dads in your life!

Blessings

6 comments:

Lucy said...

I have some shirts from my dad too which I want to turn into a quilt. Like to see that you did that with your fathers shirt.

And do I notice one more great father in the picture ;-)

Rhonda M said...

What a wonderful tribute to your dad and husband! Love the pictures, love the quilt. I hope you and your family have had a day full of blessings!

Kathryn D. Duke said...

this post made me tear right up....how sweet and what a wonderful quilt with your daddy's shirt!!!

barbara woods said...

my father has been gone many years to he died at the age of 54 in 1972

Janet O. said...

I am behind on reading my favorite blogs, Doniene. This was a special tribute. Very good of you! I love that you were able to incorporate your Dad's shirt into that quilt. My Dad is still with us, though he turns 89 next month and is so thin we think a stiff breeze could blow him away. He doesn't stop--still gardens and teaches Sunday School. He is my hero and I know it will leave a big hole in my heart when he is gone.

ria vogelzang said...

Hi Doniene, nice to meet you too!
It seems we have a lot in common.... :)
Love the Lord, love to quilt, love dogs, love my family and my house..
Lucy is a great friend. She makes beautiful quilts and has a lovely old home! She and her husband also love Singer Featherweight. And my two little old machines were restored by Lucy's husband!
Great to read your blog!
Love from the Netherlands!
(translation: lieve groet uit Nederland!)
;))